Wednesday, July 30, 2014

¡Three Amigos! or What Garden Writers Means to Me

Proud to wear the badge!
Next week I get to go to the Garden Writers National Symposium in Pittsburgh.  I‘ve been a member of this organization for about 15 years and to say it changed my life would be an understatement. Each year we meet in a different city. There is a quirky trade show the first two nights with some folks dressed in crazy costumes and visitors sipping cocktails while trying to spot the latest gardening trends. There is a solid line up of educational seminars taught by the best in the business. And, there are tours, tours to the most beautiful public and private gardens in the United States.

The first time I met Dan in person - GWA 2006
Because I lived in Holland for such a long time, I hadn’t seen much of the U.S. Garden Writers opened my mind to all the beauty our country has to offer. It has taken me away from my desk and surrounded me with people that love horticulture as much as I do. I always come home feeling refreshed and excited. Over the years I’ve made the most amazing friendships, not least of which was my husband Dan Benarcik of Chanticleer Gardens. I’m counting the days to hug my old friends and welcome new ones into my life.

GWA is better than match.com
I’m especially excited this year because I will be exhibiting with two other companies that I believe in whole heartedly; Organic Mechanics Soil Company and Suståne Natural Fertilizer. We are the ¡Three Amigos! Our tag line will be “Together We can Make a Difference.” We believe that together as a team, together as garden communicators and together as good citizens we can make positive changes to our environment.


“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Margaret Mead



Bringing Life to Your Garden!
Have Fun Out There, Peggy Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment